Monday, September 9, 2013

Mascara Monday: Tarte- Lights, Camera, Lashes

Finally, another Mascara Monday. This little delay was brought to you (among other reasons) due to the fact that I dropped this mini mascara under the couch, not to be found until I was inclined to run a vacuum under there. I had no idea where it had gone. Now I know.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes is a freakin' adorable name. I'll give it that.  This is one of the mascaras from my mini set, one I'd wanted to try for a while. Now I shall, right?

I can't exactly say that I was disappointed by this product but I wasn't floored by it either. It's a decent mascara but with all the other wonderful ones on the market I probably won't be purchasing it.

The first thing I noticed is that it clumps, nothing crazy just those little tiny clumps that show up at the end of lashes. I would need a lash comb to separate and I don't have the time or patience for that. The color is dark black but it's matte, and in general I like my lashes to be shiny, especially in a high impact mascara such as this. The website says that it curls but honeys, I promise that it does not. Before I knew that it promised to curl I was thinking how straight my lashes looked. I wasn't going to mention it until I saw that it claimed to curl, lengthen, volumize and condition. Also, it feels heavy on my lashes and I can't stand that feeling, it's hurting as I type this but I added a lot today.

The good thing though, in case you were wondering, is that it lengthens wonderfully. My lashes are almost to my brows. And, as I mentioned, the color is black-black, no gray areas here. I had no issues with the brush either.

I wouldn't purchase this, nor would I use my free mascara voucher on it sad to say. I had high hopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment